Permitted payments For properties in Wales, the Renting Homes (Fees etc.) (Wales) Bill, once enacted, means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant’s behalf) the following permitted payments:
- Holding deposit: A maximum of 1 week’s rent; (Rounded down to the nearest £)
- Deposits: Equal to 5 weeks rent (Rounded up to the nearest £, unless stated different on an individual property); Payable once the tenancy agreement is signed by all parties.
- Utilities, communication services (e.g. telephone, broadband), TV licence and council tax; including installation and subscription to cable/satellite suppliers.
- Default payments for breach of the tenancy agreement e.g. missed appointments or lost keys up to the prescribed limits. Any other permitted payments under the Renting Homes (Fees etc.) (Wales) Bill and regulations.
Tenant protection: In addition to the above, we confirm that ABC Lettings Ltd is a member of the Client Money Protection (CMP) scheme and of The Property Ombudsman Scheme (TPO)
Prospective Tenants: PLEASE BE AWARE of the Process:
- When looking for your next home the first stage is to ensure that you have sufficient finances to cover the rent and outgoings for the house you’re seeking.
- The second stage is to view the property or properties that you have chosen.
- Once you’ve found the property that you want, the next step will be to apply for the property that will involve making an application, paying a holding deposit and processing referencing.
- PLEASE NOTE that once referencing has been passed, this does not mean you can move in immediately.
- The next stage will be for our property management department to make sure the property is tenant ready, e.g checking safety regulations, preparing or updating the inventory, processing the paperwork etc. This usually would take 7–10 days after you’ve passed referencing.
- Then we all should be ready to sign the contracts, execute the tenancy and “exchange contract”. It is at this stage the monies due are paid, and a completion (move in) date is agreed.
• So, please be aware, from application to move in, it could be around 2 – 3 weeks.